Wednesday, October 7, 2009

About To Change My Life

As the title claims my life is about to take on a HUGE change. I am prepping for NaNo which is next month. It’s an awesome writing challenge where you write a novel of 50,000 in one month. It has to be started on Nov. 1st and it ends on Nov. 30th. For me it’s also the month of my 36th birthday. Which makes this even more fitting since every year since I became an adult I have always had it in my yearly goals to write at least one novel as well as summiting things to a publisher to actually be published and I actually get paid for it (I want to get a picture taken with me holding a check that shows at least in my mind that I have arrived as a writer).

The sad thing is that until now I have never done such a thing so I am thinking this will help out a lot.So I guess you can say I am giving myself the gift of finally getting down the last part of my path to become the writer I have always known I could be. The funny thing I almost imposed this on myself at the beginning of spring and summer. I had forgotten about this going on til I went to gather.com and saw it on another’s post. I am thinking that this is the best gift I can give myself. The gift of moving forward in a career I am very passionate about.

See I know that writing isn’t one of those red carpet and fancy dress type deals. I mean the ones you hear about are the rare cases. Every day writers live in a quiet but very satisfying career that can truly fuel the soul. It can be a hard career to break into and at best most can only expect to make enough to live comfortably on. Still I have never been one to take an easy road to anything. Everyone will see this as I begin to fill this blog up with entries about my life (All true! I swear!).

Besides I don’t write for the idea of becoming famous or rich. I write because it makes me feel alive. It helps me cope. When I write I feel as if I can do no wrong. No matter how tough things seem to be, when I write they seem more easy to deal with if I have written that day. I feel as if I can deal with anything in life as long as I have my writing to help me deal with it all.

There is a lot of pain and hurt in my life right now and writing helps to temporary sooth those holes by taking me to another place in life. It helps me to be able to breathe when it feels as if I can’t. It’s a safe escape in a time when others are choosing ways out that aren’t as healthy. Not that I feel I have the right to judge them because I don’t. I am just saying that I have a healthier more positive outlet.

So as I said my life is about to change in a big way I feel. Because by doing this challenge I am stepping out of that comfort zone and actually taking a chance to be all the person I feel I was meant to be. I can’t wait!!!! This is an adventure that can only improve me as a person. So let the adventure begin. I know I am up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment